Thursday 23 September 2010

UK Day - 21 Manchester to Leeds

Today was a day of travelling. No pictures. Shocking, I know!

I got the bus to The Station, at Manchester Airport, and when I hung up my travelling-day-pack, it fell to the ground with an ominous noise from about 1.7m height. It contained my netbook, as well as my phone and various other things. I didn’t bother checking what was broken, since there was nothing I could do about it now anyway. The bus trip to Leeds with the National Express bus took about an hour. Then it was a matter of trying to find Barbara. It took a few minutes, but then she picked me up and took me home.

When I went to do some work on my netbook in the evening, I discovered that it was what had made the noise. It still worked though, and once I pressed the bits back together, the only mark on it is in the top right-hand corner. The case did its job very well! Nothing else seems to be affected either. Lucky!