Thursday 23 September 2010

UK Day 22 – Leeds

Today was pretty miserable, weather-wise. It rained and drizzled all day. Perfect day for the museums and just enjoying a leisurely lunch etc. I still managed to take a few photos, however:

IMG_0835IMG_0839

IMG_0852 IMG_0850

IMG_0856IMG_0858

IMG_0862IMG_0865      

We had lunch at Brown’s. The waiter serving us was so rude. He didn’t come to get our order for ages and when I asked him if there’s table service he said yes, as soon as he’s cleared the table. It took him ages to come back to do that and give us menus. When we placed our orders, we were told that the roast was no longer available. So I said we’d need a few minutes to make a different choice. We made up our minds and waited ages for him to come back and then told him what we wanted but then he tells us that that page of the menu is not valid on the weekend (could’ve pointed that out in the first place!) so we had to make yet another choice. When we did, again ages later he finally came back to take the order only to tell us that the item Barbara wanted was not available. So we had to make up our minds again! We finally got our meal after sitting there for over an hour! So much for the art gallery. The entire time, the waiter didn’t smile at us once, but I saw him joking around and smiling with his co-workers. When my card didn’t work the first time, he was all ‘it’s not my fault it didn’t work’ – as if I was blaming him. This is not a place I would recommend to anybody!

Anyway, we escaped from there and went home and enjoyed our tea!